The International Club of Victoria
4 Aug 2026 - Sylvia BlackThe relatively modest house at 68 Powlett St, East Melbourne once went by the rather grand name of the International Club of Victoria.
Read MoreEvery article by Sylvia Black filed in Carlton. See Sylvia Black's full profile
The relatively modest house at 68 Powlett St, East Melbourne once went by the rather grand name of the International Club of Victoria.
Read More
On a piece of flattish ground near the Gipps St and Clarendon St corner of the Fitzroy Gardens and directly in line with Bishopscourt there once stood a rather impressive fountain.
Read More
On the western side of Berry St, East Melbourne, there once stood a large red brick building known as the Servants’ Training Institute.
Read More
In Fitzroy in 1865 the idea of a local bowling club finally came to fruition. A committee was elected. The name was confirmed as the Fitzroy Bowling Club and rules were put in place.
Read More
In the time before white settlement the area around what we know as Darling Square in East Melbourne was swampland and was a source of plentiful foodstuffs enjoyed by the local Wurundjeri people.
Read More